POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 30 Aug 2002 03:03:04
Message: <3d6f18a8@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   What? One of the nice features of CSS is that you can, for example,
> make different types of links with different colors, and now you want
> to take this joy from me? ;)

Just because we CAN use CSS does not mean that we MUST use CSS. ;)

In all honesty, though, badly-used gimmick CSS is the new annoying
feature for "rilly kewl web sights!!!!11", joining the ranks of things
like BLINK and MARQUEE, embedded MIDIs, Javascripts that demand that you
tell them your name, and so on. You would do well to consider using CSS
to do the same work with less effort.

(This is general advice, BTW, not specific to your site.. which I
haven't actually seen as I type this!)

I agree with the need for link appearance consistency, too. Remember,
your web page is also a user interface. ;)

-Xplo