POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Try this blob : Re: Try this blob Server Time
2 Jul 2024 03:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Try this blob
From: Alf Peake
Date: 29 Aug 2002 09:16:07
Message: <3d6e1e97@news.povray.org>
"MIKA" <nos### [at] pleasecom> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
[]
> Well i've picked it up, and having a blast with it. Although I have
> a 1gig CPU, this simple but complex scene will take forever to
render
> with Filter=1.

The best of luck :)  I was hoping someone would see a silly mistake in
my script but as you can see, it is POV having to work very hard with
the multiple textures.

> I've replaced the blobs with spheres instead, although somewhat
quicker
> will still take a little less then forever...

Yes, spheres are faster but then merge{} is also slow :(
Did you see in p.g ?
<quote>
This is a merge of 400 spheres, each with their own texture, 400*300
64K. No photons, around 18 hours.
http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/pix1/twistagn.jpg
</quote>

The blob would seem to be an ideal render farm scene.

Alf