POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? : Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Aug 2002 17:25:03
Message: <3d6d3faf$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3d6d2f16@news.povray.org> , "John Mellerick"
<joh### [at] maildcuie> wrote:

> Let me know what you think, either by replying here or posting to my comment
> system (the link is at the bottom of the article).

You would have gained more by reading the documentation first and to try to
understand it rather than building a wrong mental model of how POV-Ray works
to then develop a model how it should work that misses most important
points.  While different shapes for area light sources are nice, that is the
only thing your SDL code provides.

However, as most of the image and SDL links are broken it is hard to say
more in detail...

    Thorsten