POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Visualising the POV3.5 'reflectivity' function : Re: Visualising the POV3.5 'reflectivity' function Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:53:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visualising the POV3.5 'reflectivity' function
From: TinCanMan
Date: 28 Aug 2002 07:53:31
Message: <3d6cb9bb$1@news.povray.org>
> systems.  But the documentation is somewhat sketchy.  For my particular
> application I wish to model surfaces which are 'anti-reflection' coated
for
> rays nearly normal to the surface but the reflectivity increases rapidly
> away from some limits.  Typically the reflectivity may be 0.25% for normal
> incidence but rises to 1% at 20deg and  50%at 70deg.  So it's a challenge
> to find the variables of Reflmin,Reflmax and falloff  which give the best
> fit.

You may want to make use of the 'slope' pattern used in conjunction with
multiple textures with varying reflectivities.  It might give you more
control.

On the other hand, if you are just having difficulty visualizing the
variables, I like to set up the equation with a graph in excel so I can play
with the variables and see the effect.

-tgq