POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : OBJECT IDEA : Re: OBJECT IDEA Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJECT IDEA
From: Pandora
Date: 27 Aug 2002 17:07:32
Message: <3d6bea14@news.povray.org>
news:3d6be32a@news.povray.org...
> Pandora <pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:
> >     The only time it matters is when someone includes ascii-art in a
post,
> > and, realistically, just how often does that happen ?
>
>   People post code quite often, and indentation suffers quite a lot with
> variable-width font, as well as general readability (delimiters are much
> harder to distinguish when they are really small).

    Hmm... I can see your point, but I can't see the problem - I have no
problem with reading code in a variable-width font. Though I could never
write code in a variable-width font...

>   Smileys are just plain horrible with variable-width fonts.

    Again, I don't see the problem - they look just fine to me...

>   Also people usually write text so that the length of the lines is
> approximately the same, thus getting approximately justified paragraphs,
> which are nicer to the eye. With variable-width font you probably get
> much more variation in line lengths.

    URGH! I _hate_ that all straight lines down each side - I always want to
mess 'em up a bit...

    I guess it's all a matter of taste...
--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion