POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Placing objects on spheres... : Placing objects on spheres... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Placing objects on spheres...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Aug 2002 12:39:49
Message: <3d6bab55$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I'm looking for a method to calculate positions in order
to place objects with N radius onto a sphere with R radius.
These small objects shouldn't intersect each other (as less
as possible), but cover the entire sphere.

I need this to generate positions for some CSG-Hairs to
get a furball (the last try was suspected to be fireworks...)

I'm thankful for any link or help regarding this, and do
note that I'm the kinda guy who likes to script the required
algorithms himself...

Thanks,

Tim

--