POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems of the unexpirienced. : Re: Problems of the unexpirienced. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems of the unexpirienced.
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 27 Aug 2002 12:01:14
Message: <3d6ba24a$1@news.povray.org>

news: 3d6b8f11@news.povray.org...
>   This is my working method... perhaps I can't design a good composition,
> but nothing prevents me from finding it by trial&error. This is because
> it's so easy to test many diferent setups, as you said (your first
analisis
> on the original question was very good).

Interestingly, while composition always comes first, I more or more
frequently end up creating different versions of the same image (when render
times allow it of course...). And playing with your light macros is quite
enlightening when it comes to define lighting setups as it's getting hard to
choose which is the best :-)
Note that conversations about composition are not POV-Ray-specific but
general to fine arts, and particularly to painting (which doesn't mean they
shouldn't take place here of course).
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/monet/rouen/

G.

--