POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems of the unexpirienced. : Re: Problems of the unexpirienced. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems of the unexpirienced.
From: Marjorie Graterol
Date: 26 Aug 2002 19:19:11
Message: <3d6ab76f$1@news.povray.org>
"Eitan Tal" <eit### [at] netvisionnetil> wrote in message
> Something I didn't know of before:
>
> One of the things that you should get most attention to is when you add
more
> details, they might come out very small in the big picture, or totally
> invisible. This problem applys mostly to structures, and scenes that you
> don't know exactly where to place your camera.
[snip]
> Question: Will it be a good idea to decide first where the camera is
placed
> what what is it looking at?

Indeed.  It does not mean that you will not move the camera anymore (this is
an advantage). I think that in the beginning, a scene is pretty much like a
drawing. If you take a seat and start drawing a landscape, you'll lose your
perspective if you move.  There are things that you know are there, but
cannot be seen (unless you move the camera and change you point of view) and
therefore, can't be depicted.

I started to write some notes in that regard. Maybe the first three pages
are of interest to you:
http://www.emediez.com/notas01.html
And also, a few basic concepts about composition:
http://www.emediez.com/notas2_01.html

Regards,
Marjorie Graterol