POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Maya test scenes turned POV : use the one at p.b.s-f please Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:56:20 EDT (-0400)
  use the one at p.b.s-f please
From: hughes b
Date: 25 Aug 2002 14:48:22
Message: <3d692676@news.povray.org>
Thought I should say here that I did get a better pov file done and posted
it to the binaries scene-file group, so please ignore this one, I'll leave
it here as a reference since I directed from previous message to look here.

While I'm here talking (or typing), might as well mention that the test
scenes for POV-Ray aren't identical to those of Maya they were made to
mimic, only similar, and the resulting renderings are certainly far from
accurate. It's all more of a comparitive, I lacked the exact scene elements;
and also couldn't duplicate the results when I tried ways to make them look
more correct. Either because I didn't set things up right enough or POV-Ray
is just that different from Maya. I might not have interpreted info at the
web pages very well too.

Just wanted to try and detour people to the newer remake, if I can.