POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob problem? : Re: Blob problem? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob problem?
From: hughes b
Date: 25 Aug 2002 14:29:00
Message: <3d6921ec@news.povray.org>
"Rob Hoopman" <rob### [at] tunanl> wrote in message
news:3D6### [at] tunanl...
> I have a very minimal scene with a blob that does not behave like I
> expect it.
> Basically it is the first tutorial scene from 3.6.1 with two extra
> spheres added above the originals. It seems to render some artifacts
> where the top spheres connect to the bottom ones.
>
> I am new to POV-Ray and don't know the right way to do this. But I
> expect just dropping the scene files into p.b.scene-files would not be
> the way to go so I thought I'd ask here.

A short, concise, sample of a problem scene file is fine posted as text here
in p.g.

Have you already tried sturm in the blob statement? If not then that's
something to check on. It could be a shadows on the surface normals thing,
the blob equation causing erratic changes in it. If that doesn't seem to be
it a posting of a render showing it would be good to see, at p.b.i. or at
least the blob + camera + light script so someone else besides you can
render it.