POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I really really want n-sided bezier patches... : Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches... Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:47:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches...
From: Rune
Date: 23 Aug 2002 14:41:01
Message: <3d6681bd@news.povray.org>
Micha Riser wrote:
>> As I assumed, it was something with how the w
>> value was calculated. Apparently, if 1-2*u*v is
>> smaller than 1.0, then no division should happen
>> at all (or a division by 1). I found out by
>> coincidence more or less, so don't ask me why...
>
> NOO! What you get is no longer a bezier patch!
> You lose the C-1 continuity at the borders!

Argh, sighhhh.

That's what I get from changing variables at random...

Maybe there's still hope. With only a 200% increase in parse time we
could calculate each point three times, each with a different edge being
the w edge. Then average those three points.

What? What's wrong with that??

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)