POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *.mcr extension in Open Dialogue? : Re: *.mcr extension in Open Dialogue? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *.mcr extension in Open Dialogue?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 23 Aug 2002 12:09:45
Message: <3d665e49$1@news.povray.org>
news:3d665425@news.povray.org...

> In what way is a *.mcr file different from an *.inc file other than the
> different extension -- obviously in no way, so why not simply use *.inc in
> the first place?

I suppose that he wants to distinguish between include files which contain
objects or texture/etc. definitions, and macro files containing, well, macros.

Not something I feel the need for, but as an idea, being able to add additional
extensions to the codemax editor might be a nice minor feature.

BTW If dave's desperate for it, and doesn't mind losing *.ini from the general
pov file types, then a cautious edit of cmedit.dll will allow you to see *.mcr
files