POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I really really want n-sided bezier patches... : Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches... Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:59:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches...
From: Rune
Date: 23 Aug 2002 11:52:30
Message: <3d665a3e@news.povray.org>
A few more comments...

I did a new comparing of the patch with and without the normalisation
property, and there is indeed a quite visible difference, so I think
it's a good thing it was implemented, even though it slows down the
calculations.

And about optimisation - the fact that your recursive version passes the
points along doesn't mean that they are only calculated once. They are
calculated twize, because each edge is shared by two triangles, and when
you divide an edge in two, you do it for both triangles.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)