POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I really really want n-sided bezier patches... : Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches... Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:47:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches...
From: Rune
Date: 23 Aug 2002 10:56:38
Message: <3d664d26@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> The real problem is that the distribution of the
> triangles is (still) not even. Apparently it's
> not related to the normalisation property then,
> because I can't see any difference from before.
>
> If, instead of applying UV mapping, you color the
> individual triangles individually (like in the
> version I posted), you will see that at the third
> edge the triangles are (still) bigger than at the
> other edges. I suppose you don't know how that
> can be fixed? :/

Hmm, I found the solution. Change the value of epsilon1 from 0.001 to
1.0. I don't know why, but it fixes the distortion and makes the
distribution completely even. :)

As I assumed, it was something with how the w value was calculated.
Apparently, if 1-2*u*v is smaller than 1.0, then no division should
happen at all (or a division by 1). I found out by coincidence more or
less, so don't ask me why...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)