POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I really really want n-sided bezier patches... : Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches... Server Time
6 Jul 2024 18:05:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches...
From: Rune
Date: 22 Aug 2002 18:23:47
Message: <3d656473$1@news.povray.org>
Micha Riser wrote:
> Tell me if you encouter problems which could be
> related to this.

To be honest, I have no clue what "normalization property" even means.
But I'll let you know if the patches behave unexpected in any ways.

> Hmm.. ok, but I am still trying to figure out
> which control points have to lie on a line to
> make a smooth join.

It's the same way as for the regular bicubic patches. If you can figure
out how to make a join, just not a smooth join, then it's only the three
inner points that you need to adjust. These should be handled the same
way as the four inner points in a regular rectangular bicubic patch.

If needed, I can post an illustration to povray.binaries.images.

> I do not know much about uv-mapping. Never used it so far.
> But maybe someone else can add support for it.

Well, I can try to see if I can figure out your code enough to implement
UV mapping, but don't count on it... ;)

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)