POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 64-bit compile bug : Re: 64-bit compile bug Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64-bit compile bug
Date: 22 Aug 2002 13:44:45
Message: <3d651d56.1029836126@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:58:55 EDT, "Thomas" <tho### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>But running pov on a mainframe sounds very cool.

Back then I was a systems programmer in a fairly small company (only
400-600 users) and after hours I could use all the ressources I wanted
to. The mainframes are very character-centric, no image tools at all,
can't even display an image, so I had to download the finished image
in order to view it. I never did do much real tracing on the mainframe
once I got a PC at home, what I saved in time tracing on the mainframe
was mostly lost when I had to download the finished images on a 2400
baud connection.

/Erkki