POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : I really really want n-sided bezier patches... : Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches... Server Time
6 Jul 2024 18:40:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I really really want n-sided bezier patches...
From: Micha Riser
Date: 21 Aug 2002 17:07:27
Message: <3d64010e@news.povray.org>
> won't be able to modify it to "degree 3" as they call it when there's
> four control points per side. So if you have any success at implementing
> the version with 4 control points, it would be great. I really
> appreciate your efforts!

Ok, I have worked futher through the paper. I have a version with 3 sides
and degree 3 working now and could provide higher degrees but I don't think
this would be useful (or?). I used formulas 3.1-3.5 for m=3. I am not sure
about the 'normalisation property' (2.5). As far as I see my current
implementation does not hold this. (what will this have for consequences?)

I have added support for generating smooth triangles. I think this shape
could be used for subdividing smooth triangles. Can you tell me what the
conditions are for joining triangluar patches smootly?

Please test the macros and try to join some patchs smootly.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection