POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Layered textures vs. sky_sphere : Re: Layered textures vs. sky_sphere Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layered textures vs. sky_sphere
From: jfmiller
Date: 20 Aug 2002 17:04:20
Message: <3d62aed4@news.povray.org>
Shooting form the hip here but,

The Sky sphere is calculated for any ray the doesn't intersect anything
else.  and while Im not sure of this I think it is a camera effect (i.e. the
sky will be the same regardless of camera location)

A "real" Sphere has a surface which calculus will tell appears flat at a
suitably large scale.   in otherwords what you have done is to make the sky
a very high flat plain.  try shrinking the sky and see if it doesn't look
better.

JFMILLER

"Tom York" <tom### [at] compsocmanacuk> wrote in message
> I have three pigments applied to a sky_sphere in conventional fashion.
Now,