POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : poser 3 clothing help : Re: poser 3 clothing help Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: poser 3 clothing help
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Aug 2002 05:13:53
Message: <3d620851$1@news.povray.org>

3d6190f6@news.povray.org...
> also I'm still looking for a decent resource of poser clothing - so far
all
> i've found is chastity belts, lingerie and military outfits - i just need
> some regular everyday clothes...

I fear that there's no such thing. The only resource for old P3/P4 free
material is Renderosity and their free stuff galleries were cleaned up of
older material a couple of years ago. In P3, there were no conforming
clothes so users used the default P3 clothed people, which are not so bad.
In P4, conforming clothes were introduced and a simple wardrobe (pants,
shirts etc.) was provided with the default models, so there was no real need
to create everyday clothes.
Poser tailoring only took off when DAZ and Renderosity started brokering
models, particularly when the Millenium models were introduced. Even now,
common clothes are less popular than lingerie or other "special" clothes.
For instance, coats for the Millenium people were available for sale only
recently. Most of the clothes found today are either commercial or morphs of
commercial ones.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com