POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 64-bit compile bug : Re: 64-bit compile bug Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 64-bit compile bug
From: Andrew Schultz
Date: 16 Aug 2002 14:50:52
Message: <3d5d498c$1@news.povray.org>

> Any specific reason the change couldn't be done with a couple of
> search & replaces pr source file ?? Back around POV-Ray 1.0 I actually

that would be easy.
sed scripts for "long"=>"int32", "unsigned long" => "u_int32".

the problem is that there are going to be places where a true long is needed.
Also, after the switch, someone that knows what they're doing would need to test
everything to make sure it still works.  It could introduce subtle (perhaps
platform-specific) problems.

  Andrew Schultz                    | The views expressed might
  ajs### [at] eosncsuedu             | not represent those of NCSU.
  http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ajschult/   | They are however, correct.