POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : library finding request : Re: library finding request Server Time
6 Oct 2024 12:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: library finding request
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Aug 2002 10:48:16
Message: <3d5d10b0$1@news.povray.org>
"Le Forgeron" <jgr### [at] freefr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3D5### [at] freefr...
> Nowhere, but I did not say that I like that fact.
> It would be better to take profit of the portability and have a bmp
> reader (Win sys) on Unix and Mac port, and reverse of course (thus being
> able to use the same scene files whatever the system).

How did you conclude the Mac version will not read BMP images?  Or tons of
other formats for that matter...?

Apart from this, are BMP images really used anywhere outside WinDOS?  Last
time I checked the only BMP files I had on my Mac harddisk were those in the
POV-Ray for Windows source code folders.  I can imagine many Mac and Unix
users having not more BMP images on their harddisks than I do...

    Thorsten