POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height Field : Re: Height Field Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field
From: Johann Dugge
Date: 15 Aug 2002 12:48:07
Message: <3d5bdb47$1@news.povray.org>
Heres my code, its just some sample scene that came with POV-Ray:

#version 3.5;

#include "colors.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 2, 4.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

sky_sphere {
  pigment {
    gradient y
    color_map {
      [0.0 rgb <0.6,0.7,1.0>]
      [0.7 rgb <0.0,0.1,0.8>]
    }
  }
}

light_source {
  <0.0, 5, -4.0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

plane {
  y, -1
  pigment { color rgb <0.7,0.5,0.3> }
}

// uses image color index as height, extends along X-Z axes
// from <0 0 0> to <1 1 1>
height_field {
  png               // the file type to read (tga/pot/pgm/ppm/png/sys)
  "refineresult.png"     // the file name to read
  color rgb <.5,.5,.9>
  //water_level N .2 // truncate/clip below N (0.0 ... 1.0)
  //  [smooth]        // smooth surface normal

//  texture {...}
//  translate VECTOR | rotate VECTOR | scale VECTOR
}
// End