POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NEW: Rendering on multiple PC's with many CPU's : Re: How it works. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How it works.
Date: 12 Aug 2002 15:12:50
Message: <3d59061f.171986132@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:37:44 +0200, "Theo Gottwald *"
<The### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>However, I believe that next generation computers can render nearly anything
>as fast as necessary.

Hah! I've been messing around with POV-Ray for 10+ years and the only
thing added cpu power does is to make things that was too heavy
bearable. You still end up with more or less the same render-times,
you can just do more computationally intensive scenes. Once 320x200
was high-res, AA was only for the final trace and stuff like media and
radiosity was a pipe dream. Now I have at least 200 times as much cpu
power and it's still relatively easy to design scenes that takes days
to render, same as the old days. The scenes just look a bit nicer :-)

/Erkki