POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making wood textures... : Making wood textures... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Making wood textures...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 Aug 2002 12:27:48
Message: <3d57e204$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I've come up with a new idea for the loneliness round. While
I'm still modelling some stuff, I'm trying to come up with a useful
wood-texture for a night-desk (don't know the proper name: these
small "lockers" you put beside your bed).

So, I'm asking for some tips how to make good wood-textures,
what kind of pigment to use (I'm no good at functions, so leave
those out), what kind of color-ranges etc. I like to do stuff
myself and "get the knack of things", so just ranges, useful
turbulence values, layering etc are hints I'm looking for to "model"
my own textures.

Regards,

Tim

---