POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NEW: Rendering on multiple PC's with many CPU's : Re: How it works. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:57:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How it works.
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 12 Aug 2002 03:29:37
Message: <3d5763e1@news.povray.org>
I've thought about that.

I've thought if it makes sense to do communication via TCP/IP and then be
able to distribute a rendering even over the internet.

However that is far from my current implementation cause in the first step I
want to distribute localy only - its safer).

For future successors we can dream from a POV 5 that can get rendertime from
another user anywhere in the world ... (Its not filesharing ... its
ray-sharing :-) ....

--theo

"ABX" <abx### [at] babilonorg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:16:11 +0200, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>