POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 : Re: MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5
From: Theo Gottwald *
Date: 12 Aug 2002 01:38:28
Message: <3d5749d4$1@news.povray.org>
Of course it will depend on the scene etc. however if you look at the
architecture you can see if it is technically like a smp-system or if its
not.

However true numbers will always depend on many factors, but what the good
thing about is, that if
many people have thos "2-in 1" chips (even if they are only "2+1/2 in one",
so the software will
be updated for "2 in one" and this will enable to sell more
multiprocessor-boards.

And with an increased number of SMP-Applications also the consumer-market of
the future may see
a multi-processing race (you know it from the CD-ROM's-speed  2 times, 4
times 75 times ...).
We want to see that with SMP-Systems.

cu
--Theo