POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray in magazines #2 : Re: POV-Ray in magazines #2 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray in magazines #2
From: hughes b
Date: 11 Aug 2002 11:11:50
Message: <3d567eb6@news.povray.org>
news:3D560C5D.3C0BEE09@gmx.de...

> Here is what altavista babelfish spits out (probably more for a laughter
> than fore real reading):

Yeah, that's about what I read before. Only, more confusing this time. :-)

I notice in that English version at the web page there are several words I'd
have written separated or at least hyphenated. I will consciously make an
effort to keep words apart in an attempt to remain clear about what I'm
saying to non-English people. In that article I knew code-schnipseln meant
'snippets of code' right away only because it was two words. Templates next
to it would have helped anyway though. Not sure other people think like I do
about that or not, just that trying to make sense of a merged word isn't as
easy to me as seeing them individually. My English teachers in school would
hate me for hyphenating words the way I do now.

Without knowing the language well enough I guess nothing helps. Take for
example the word zweidimensionale. I probably saw that as three dimensional
instead of two. And I knew the numbers from 1 to 10 long ago. Cursed
language barriers!