POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glow - Behind : Re: Glow - Behind Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow - Behind
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 10 Aug 2002 16:30:59
Message: <3d557803@news.povray.org>
"Dave Bates [{ Norman }]" <use### [at] voygrcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Thanks Marc ..
>
> I will try a Transparent Cube.. with Emitting media.. And then I would
place
> the light behind this if I'm correct..

The light will not interact with the media if you use emitting media. It's
like using ambient in your textures - it glows by itself but does not effect
other object unless you use radiosity. The light source should be placed
behind you door to actually light the scene. The media is just for the
glowing effect.
I'm not sure if a cube will do what you want - I would expect some other
shape when light shines through an open door. Perhaps if you shear (see
shear_trans in transforms.inc) it or you use a conical pattern for the
media-density ...

You might find the posting "Missing glows in 3.5? An alternative solution"
from Warp in povray.text.scene-files (dated Sept 14th 2001) interesting.

Marc-Hendrik