POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug - sgn() function : Bug - sgn() function Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Bug - sgn() function
From: Demevec
Date: 8 Aug 2002 11:24:28
Message: <3d528d2c@news.povray.org>
I am using version 3.5 of POVray for Windows and hit a snag when I couldn't
get a built in function to work.

It was the sgn() function.  I got error messages that seemed to indicate
that it wasn't recognized as a function when it was parsed.  It also wasn't
recognized as a keyword when using POVray's built-in editor (for Windows)
which colors recognized keywords.

I used only a simple statement such as: "#declare Value1=sgn(-3);".

Could someone help me verify if this is a bug or maybe a workaround if it is
or etc.

Thanks

Demevec