POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov source gcc3 problem : Re: pov source gcc3 problem Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov source gcc3 problem
From: Pandora
Date: 7 Aug 2002 16:48:43
Message: <3d5187ab@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3d517fdb@news.povray.org>,
>  "Pandora" <pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:
> >
> > a=function1();
> > b=function2();
> > c=max(a,b);
>
> So something that looks like a function can't be used like one.

    It may look like a function, that don't mean it is a function.

> That is
> not a solution, it is a workaround.

    Writing your own templated min/max functions could be seen as a
'workaround'...

>  Plus, it requires two temporary
> variables and three lines of code instead of one simple line.

    So ?

> If you don't have [a compiler that allows you to use templates], get one.

    I knew someone would say that... (and, yes, I do have one, sort of
(VC6))...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.