POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HF not lighting properly? : Re: HF not lighting properly? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HF not lighting properly?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 7 Aug 2002 12:31:08
Message: <3d514b4c@news.povray.org>
"D. Stark" <dir### [at] GODHOWIHATESPAMlemongeckoorg> wrote in message

> intersection{
>   box { <-.5, -.5, -.5>, <.5, .5, .4>
>     texture {pigment {color rgb <0,77/255,0>}}
>   }
>   height_field {
>     png
>     "logo.png"
>     smooth
>     water_level .005
>     texture {pigment {color rgb <0,77/255,0>}}
>     rotate x*-90
>     translate <-.5,-.5,.5>
>   }
>   scale z*.5
>   //rotate y*clock
>   rotate y*270
> }

Odd - take out the "smooth" and everything is okay, but double_illuminate has no
effect, wherever you place it.

Hmm, is smooth a "real" effect or just an illusion (like a normal). If it's just
an illusion, maybe the whole concept is a-about-face (like expecting a diff. of
an object with a heavy normal to follow the contour of the normal).

I dunno. Looks like a bug. Anyone got a magnifying glass and some sunshine? Lets
kill it.