POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Multilingual Documentation Project : Re: Multilingual Documentation Project Server Time
15 May 2024 09:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multilingual Documentation Project
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 7 Aug 2002 06:15:59
Message: <3d50f35e@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> encontrada'. What is current status of your translation ?

  No, that was the site for the former (and failed) translation for version
3.1. The proposal for the new translation HQ site is at:

  http://www.ignorancia.org/traduccion

 But as I said it's only a quick sketch made to gather some comments from
the other volunteers: we haven't started to translate yet (it would be nice
also to wait for the multiplataform HTML version of the docs).

  As I have not started any real work yet, I can transform that site onto a
coordination center for the spanish translators using your system for the
real translation work. I can hold still the "style dictionary", the "table
of contents" translation for homogeneity purposes, and perhaps translating
to spanish some basic instructions to use your multilingual system.

> I plan to automatically attach header and footer for translated output
> with icons to other language versions, links to main POV-related sites,
> and with something like : "Want to note about not translated part or wrong
> translation? mailto: somebody"

  That's nice, but I think it's better to revise it before publishing, at
least for the spanish translation, because of the commented problems about
different spanish variants. But I can also coordinate spanish discussions
on povray.international to verify/correct translated sections, and then use
your system to correct the revised sentences.

  This is starting to look promissing.... I suppose, from your already
demonstrated dedication to POV, that I can trust your long-term interest on
actually finishing this system.  It would be nice to reduce my work to
simply coordinate the spanish translators using your system.. :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org