POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Are there any utilities that convert a povray object to a povray mesh2? : Are there any utilities that convert a povray object to a povray mesh2? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Are there any utilities that convert a povray object to a povray mesh2?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 6 Aug 2002 13:05:17
Message: <3d5001cd$1@news.povray.org>
Are there any utilities that convert a povray object to a povray mesh2?

For example, I have an object which consists of a box with several spheres
"differenced" out of that box.  (looks like Swiss cheese)

I would assume that a mesh2 version of that object would render much faster
than the "differenced" original version.  Are there such utilities and how
hard would this be to accomplish?  If it really helps I would even prefer
the entire scene get converted to speed up the render.

Patrick Dugan