POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent objects and fog - bug? : Re: Transparent objects and fog - bug? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent objects and fog - bug?
From: hughes b
Date: 4 Aug 2002 09:47:39
Message: <3d4d307b@news.povray.org>
I had to do a little redundant testing of fog itself to make sure of what I
was seeing.

I was thinking you might have had a filtered fog there, possibly due to the
color vector promoting to 5 place vector instead of only 3. That wasn't it.
Unlike your nonturbulence rendering I could still see the box itself and its
shadow so I changed some transparencies and it never did look invisible,
only more obvious if anything. I even tried moving everything out of the
negative y region and shifted the camera and objects sideways. Still the
same.

You can tell that fog is causing the box surface to appear kind of like
refraction or even reflection might do. When I added extremes of octaves,
lambda and omega, the surface would get textured by the fog. The shadow
became spotted too. Really points to a problem with only turbulence IMHO.
However I fear this thing about transparency and fog is still present, which
I had thought was fixed. I can't remember about that though.