POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Free fish and plant models : Re: Free fish and plant models Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Free fish and plant models
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Aug 2002 06:46:28
Message: <3d4d0604@news.povray.org>

web.3d4cda6938084ec788d4e3910@news.povray.org...

> From there I tried to make a macro of each picture using mesh2.  The
> structure looks fine but I have a problem with the color, like there isn't
> any.    I went back to deep Exploration instead of opening fishy.3ds, I
> opened up fishy.obj and it had no color.

The obj format is actually Alias/Wavefront. I think it's relatively close to
mesh2 but that as it's very comprehensive it's not that easy to convert. You
can look up this format and others here
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/geomformats/

Unless you really want to go the macro route, I suggest that you use 3DWin
from http://www.tb-software.com as it converts easily from many formats to
Povray's mesh2. I just tried the registered version (I don't know about the
limitations of the evaluation one) on the angel fish and it created a
complete Povray one with proper bitmap texture.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com