POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Tree macro zip file : Re: Tree macro zip file Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree macro zip file
From: hughes b
Date: 2 Aug 2002 17:23:50
Message: <3d4af866@news.povray.org>
"lieven_ke" <lie### [at] yahoofr> wrote in message

> I am trying to play with Gilles Tran macro to make an acacia tree... So
the
> upper branches very horizontal...
> But I didn't managed... I 'll be very happy if someone could play with
this
> macro to post me the sources to make an acacia tree (or sun-umbrella tree

This might not be exactly it but I have modified a couple of Gilles files to
try it. I don't know if you have the later version or are just using this
one but the two files I'm attaching here go with this one.
Not too sure I can explain how I went about it, just went in and changed
numbers. I think the most important being the branch angle, ab0=80, and the
aboveground belowsky numbers to constrain the branch height.
I also tried to make the leaves be more sectional, except it isn't very good
closeup.
Should at least give you a good idea of what needs to be adjusted. Compare
it with extree6.pov from which I modified this one from.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'txttree.inc.txt' (6 KB) Download 'extree7.pov.txt' (8 KB)