POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format : Re: Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plea for a PoV-Ray binary scene format
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 2 Aug 2002 05:16:14
Message: <3d4a4dde$1@news.povray.org>

3d4a3fc9$1@news.povray.org...
> I still have a P-II 300 at home :-( Some recursive scenes are very time
> consuming.

Well, with some luck you'll have a better one when the binary format is
developed ;-)

> Unless the animation is just to fly in a scene. Supposing, of course, that
> we can mix binary data (the scene) and parsed one (the animation).

The possibility of mixing binary data and text data could be the most
interesting possibility, and not just for animation in fact. Like with
radiosity and photons, we could commit an object to a binary format to be
able to reuse it at a later stage.
#if (ExportObject) // first run
    #declare MyObject=object{...}
    #export (MyObject,"myobject.dat")
#else // second run
    #import (MyObject,"myobject.dat"}
#end
object{MyObject ...}
I can imagine a real nightmare of conflicting #declares but this could be
useful

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com