POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov source gcc3 problem : pov source gcc3 problem Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  pov source gcc3 problem
From: Christian Parpart
Date: 1 Aug 2002 19:59:28
Message: <3d49cb5f@news.povray.org>
HI all,

well, that's the time where I hate my fucking new system :(sorry:)
But it is as it is. I can't just unzip configur and compile the sources
because of some basic C++ standard issues. such as max and std::max. gcc
has been very loosely to the ANSI/ISO C++ standard in gcc 2.x. Most of
these issues has been fixed now and, what's now? lots of sources (such as
povray) can't be compiled.

That's now good :(

Will the developer fix that? or do we need to walk through the code and add
the namespace prefix (std::) to each standard function? This wouldn't be
nice since I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who should do exactly
the same as the others in that case.

Thanks,
Christian Parpart.