POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Source code? : Re: Source code? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code?
Date: 1 Aug 2002 17:31:00
Message: <3d49a79e.164802273@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 22:05:19 +0200, John VanSickle
<evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> We have to make the source presentable.  Source that the compiler likes and
>> source that the end-user likes are two entirely separate things.
>
>Do a global search-and replace to rename all the functions as F000,F001,F002,
>etc, all the structures as XXXX, XXxX, XxXX, and so on.  Intermix zeroes with
>capital O's in the label names.  Delete the comments, of course.  Replace
>every literal 2 with the label ONE, and define ONE = 2.

Actually I once had to do exactly those 2 first steps with the POV-Ray
1.0 source in order to compile and link it on a platform that only
supported 8-byte external names. I actually made a program do the
conversion and while the resulting source compiled and ran it
definitely wasn't in human-readable form anymore (even though I'd kept
the comments intact).

/Erkki