POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray and SMP support : Re: POV-Ray and SMP support Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray and SMP support
From: Christian Parpart
Date: 31 Jul 2002 19:12:45
Message: <3d486eec@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker inspired the electrons to say:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:45:13 +0200, Christian Parpart wrote:
>> This could be implemented for example by having 2 processes with
>> concurrent pixel computation. (that's how I'd implement it ;)
>
> Oh, well, shucks, why didn't we think of that?  It's so much easier than
> the way we were planning on doing it, where the processors vote on the
> colors of all of the pixels.

Looks interesting, but not fast enough IMO. When do you think of a first
beta release of it? I'd beta test it (any algorithm you chose).

Well, I didn't take a look at your (old) sources yet, all I know is that
it's written in (plain?) C and I unfortunately prefer C++ and their design
patterns ;) But if your API to the POV-Ray Backend is clear I'd really like
to take a look at it and write it myself.

Just note, that I'm using Linux with GCC 3.1. wo I can't produce windows
binaries for windows testing.

How do you think?

Greets,
Christian Parpart

p.s.: but the source isn't _still_ available.