POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Critical Error : MegaPOV Critical Error Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:01:36 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPOV Critical Error
From: Tony Vigil
Date: 30 Jul 2002 14:17:19
Message: <3d46d82f$1@news.povray.org>
I have POV3.5g installed.  I copied megapov.exe to the pov bin directory.
When i start Megapov, I get the following Critical Error message box...

ERROR : Cannot find Home entry in registry.

This entry should have been set by the installation program.

If you did not install using the correct installation procedure, please do
this before running POV-Ray for Windows.  Otherwise, consult the README.DOC
file tha sould have accompanied this executable file.

//end of error message

FYI - I am running Win2K, but it worked the last time that I installed POV
on another machine with Win2K.

Any helpful ideas?