POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IORs of various substances : Re: IORs of various substances Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IORs of various substances
From: Robert Chaffe
Date: 29 Jul 2002 22:45:43
Message: <3d45fdd7@news.povray.org>
"Rohan Bernett" <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I know the IORs of water and glass are 1.33 and 1.5, but there are a number
> of materials that it would be handy to know the IORs for.
>
> Perspex
> PET (plastic, recycling number 1)
> Pyrex
> Quartz glass
>
> If anyone can give the IORs of these substances (and any others) please

Well, I don't think the include file at the following site has those specific items,
except quartz maybe, but here's a link I
know about.
http://seasoft.tecbox.com/Pov/NewIOR.html

Maybe something in there is close to Perspex or Pyrex or other plastic of interest.

--
Robert Chaffe
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/