POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web News Interface Posting Beta Test : Re: Web News Interface Posting Beta Test Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web News Interface Posting Beta Test
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Jul 2002 10:18:07
Message: <3d454e9f@news.povray.org>
In article <3d4547ba@news.povray.org> , Felix Wiemann
<Fel### [at] gmxnet>  wrote:

> IIRC it's specified in an RFC, but I can't find it right now.
> It /is/ a signature separator, as you can easily see by using Google.

Nope, it is a header for some attachment formats...

>>> The signature is quoted.
>>
>> The whole body of a message is quoted.
>
> This is not the best behavior.
>
>> A signature is part of the body and this it is quoted. How could the
>> server guess what a signature is reliably?
>
> By looking for "-- " as almost every newsreader does.

Mine doesn't (not surprising though for the company making it).  The "--" is
not in the messages in the web view, and as it isn't used as universal
separator for signatures, even if it was, it wouldn't work either :-(

> So what? It shouldn't convert &#xxx; but it currently does.

No, it does not.  Only when previewing it looks that way because browser
interpret it (of course).  I will see if there is a better way to handle
this in the preview.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde