POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Web News Interface Posting Beta Test : Re: Web News Interface Posting Beta Test Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web News Interface Posting Beta Test
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 29 Jul 2002 09:43:13
Message: <3d454671$1@news.povray.org>

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:50:17 +0200, Felix Wiemann <Fel### [at] gmxnet>
> wrote:
> > Włodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote: [...]
> > Is it my newsreader's fault that the second letter isn't displayed
> > correctly?
>
> This is displayed the same as it is holded in user account probably.
>
> > ABX, what about using a normal "l" (even if it's pronounced
differently)?
> > Or just "ABX"? That would avoid many problems.
>
> That's probably only solution :-(
>
> ABX

Or write it: W~lodzimierz or W/lodzimierz, asking the readers to mentally
make the symbol "dead letter" (the typewriter roll doesn't move, so the next
letter is surimposed to the symbol).

aren't displayed but when I type a vowel after them, it makes accented
letters.

You can also use the Unix convention (in man docs): Wl^H/odzimierz (ie. l
backspace /), but it is even uglier :-(

Regards.