POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povcard from itrc may-june 2002 competition : Re: povcard from itrc may-june 2002 competition Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povcard from itrc may-june 2002 competition
From: Hugo
Date: 25 Jul 2002 16:42:24
Message: <3d4062b0@news.povray.org>
Ear gass. A card like that would cost a fortune, and never deliver the speed
you claim, and won't help making hollywoods FX look boring .... 96 gigabytes
... no, you got to be kidding.

IF a card is ever made, it would be a pure FPU accelerator, useful for other
than POV too.. But to be successful, the price range shouldn't exceed todays
game cards, and they are cheap because they're so popular.

I'm rather pessimistic with all this.. If you weren't kidding, I hope
someone here will agree with you, but I'm not the one.

Hugo