POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Overlaping objects with different ior values : Re: Overlaping objects with different ior values Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Overlaping objects with different ior values
From: Micha Riser
Date: 21 Jul 2002 16:43:34
Message: <3d3b1cf6@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

> I suggest to make intersection and later apply interior/material to entire
> object.

Sure. But I want to test the limits of POV-Ray ;)

The reason why I came up with this question was that I am writing my own
little ray-tracer and have to find a way to handle refraction with csgs.

So I am not looking from the user's point of view (I want to do X. How do I
tell the program to do so) but from the programmer's point of view (The
syntax allows the users to specify X. How should the program interpret this
to ensure consistency).

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection