POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Running multiple instances (Re: Dual Processors) : Re: Running multiple instances (Re: Dual Processors) + Radiosity Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running multiple instances (Re: Dual Processors) + Radiosity
From: Lance Birch
Date: 18 Jul 2002 12:30:20
Message: <3d36ed1c@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
<snip>
> smaller version. Large expanses of rad-lit, colored surfaces such as walls
> don't like it at all.

Those are unfortunately the ones I'm having the trouble with :/

Oh well, not to worry, although my radiosity settings are quite high (my
last small render took about 8 hours... which I suppose isn't too bad
really) I'll play around with them a bit and see if I can reduce the problem
by rendering some overlap as well.

I'm currently writing a small application to automatically split an image
across CPUs and computers...

Thanks for the tips!

Lance.

thezone.firewave.com.au