POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Running multiple instances (Re: Dual Processors) : Re: Running multiple instances (Re: Dual Processors) + Radiosity Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:35:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running multiple instances (Re: Dual Processors) + Radiosity
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 18 Jul 2002 12:19:02
Message: <3d36ea76$1@news.povray.org>

3d36c54f@news.povray.org...

> Any suggestions?  Is it possible at all to split the scene up in this way
> while using radiosity?

It really depends on your scene. High rad settings (count > 100, error_bound
< 0.5) usually make it possible to have split rendering with radiosity with
no impact on quality. All my rad scenes are done like this, sometimes with
parts rendering on different computers. In fact I'm obliged to do this
because of the large memory requirements.

With lower settings, it's hard to tell beforehand without trying on a
smaller version. Large expanses of rad-lit, colored surfaces such as walls
don't like it at all. More fuzzy scenes (grass, trees) are quite tolerant to
it, as are skies with ambient 1.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com