POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Jul 2002 16:11:54
Message: <3d35cf8a@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG.179f7c40bde5d89d989714@news.povray.org> , Lutz-Peter Hooge
<lpv### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> So what you want is, that the browser always does what you intended it to
> do instead of what you told it to?

Don't turn my words around.  I expect it to behave such that it works
flawlessly if i give it flawless input.  What it does not is produce broken
output when receiving flawless input.  By definition, this is called "bug".

> There is no such thing like a ":hover" pseudo class in CSS1.
> What you quoted applies only to the pseudo-classes ":link" ":visited" and
> ":active".
>
> What about really reading the specs before complaining about them?

Oh, I know, but that does not change my point that the change in the CSS2
spec was done without considering what it implies.  The specification in
CSS1 was correct and would function properly.  The specification in CSS2 is
flawed and consequently everybody who implements the flaw produces a buggy
program.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde