POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? : Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:02:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to keep POVRay 3.5 from comming to the front?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 17 Jul 2002 14:13:35
Message: <3d35b3cf@news.povray.org>
"Andrew Wilcox" <awi### [at] unpuzzledcom> wrote in message
> That's why I'm pushing for a compromise.  When the first instance of POV
> opens it should do what it does now.  Show the splash, open up, come to the
> front etc.  But on subsequent /RENDER commands sent to the original instance
> POV should stay minimized if it is minimized, or stay in the tray if it's in
> the tray.  That way it's obvious that POV is doing the work, and those of us
> that want to use in the background can work.

The coming to the front is intentional; it's the way that people expect it to
work if you have keep single instance set. This is normal behaviour for those
classes of windows programs that allow a single instance option. If we did
not do what we are currently doing people would complain and this wastes my
time.

The 'coming to the front' behaviour is not, as you seem to think, a means of
forcing people to know what program is in use.

-- Chris